Interview with Co-Founder of iRobot, Helen Greiner


.

A few weeks ago, I sent a message to the co-founder of iRobot, Helen Greiner. I asked if I could interview her by asking robot related questions.
I was amazed when I got a reply back that said, "yes!" I hope you guys enjoy!

Me: "When did you first become interested in robotics?"

Helen Greiner: "1977, when I saw Star Wars. R2D2 did it for me."

Me: "Did you ever think that you would help with the founding of a robotics company."

Helen Greiner: "No, I thought I would be a robotics engineer working in Academia or Corp Research Center. This changed when I saw the impractical systems that were and still are being worked on."

Me: "Were you interesting in technology as a child?"

Helen Greiner: "Yes, my dad brought home a trs80 Radio Shack computer which quickly became mine... as the only one with the interest and patience to program it."

Me: "Who was your major role-model as a child?"

Helen Greiner: "R2D2"

Me: "How do you think robotics will change people's lives in the future?"

Helen Greiner: "Robots will make people more efficient at work, stronger, faster, and more precise. We need to capitalize on the strengths on both robots and people, which are different."


Your Reply